Time : 0830 – 0930 (60 minutes)
Theme : World of Stories
Topic : The Caterpillar and The Mouse
Learning standard : 1.1.2 Able to listen to and enjoy simple stories.
1.3.1 Answering simple Wh-Questions.
Learning objectives : By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
(i) name characters in the story
(ii) respond to simple questions based on the story
Cross Curricular Elements (EMK) : MI
Teaching Aids : Power point, Sentence strips.
Activities/ Steps of the lesson :
1. Teacher shows picture of a caterpillar and mouse, and ask questions.
3. Ask questions based on the story and pupils respond.
•What are the animals in the story?
•Where did the mouse meet the Cater?
•When did the mouse go and see the Cater again?
•What happen to the Cater?
•How did the Cater change into a butterfly?
4. Teacher and pupils read together the story.
5. Teacher divides pupils into groups.
6. Each group will get an envelope with sentence strips which contain different
7. Pupils arrange the sentence strips according to the story.
8. Each group present according to the story.
9. Teacher concludes the lesson.